Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Painting!


This is a horrible photo, since it's too large to scan I just took a cell phone pic (and I've got an old phone, back when they only put 1 megapixel in a camera phone ^_^)
I'm really happy with how this turned out, and had a lot of fun drawing it and painting it. I'm getting a lot faster at drawing up things and kind of having more fun because of it.

Been getting a lot of shit for liking traditional. I really don't care. I have never knocked on some one for specializing in something that isn't traditional. I don't plan to ever do so, either. To be honest, I really don't care. Some one told me when I started my apprenticeship that I can do what I like- if you like portraits, do portraits, if you like new skool, do it. If you want to specialize in traditional, fucking specialize in traditional.

All I know is that I have more fun drawing traditional, I like the way it looks, I like that it's classic, and there's a simple look to it, although it's complex in a way, and has a great deal to do with composition. Clean lines. It's not the same imagery over and over again, like most people think. You can take any image and make it traditional. And from what I've found out, the assholes that dog on me for liking this style, will admit it's only because they don't understand it.

Ok I'm done ranting.

More paintings soon. Cause it's what I like to do. And I'll probably keep doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment